Sunday, February 6, 2011

Biskut Sarang Semut Ed, Addicted Since 1990s.

Finally I baked the cookies. Yeayy. It was pretty hectic yesterday. The night before I went out with friends, dinner and some impulse decision for karaoke of which I really really like. Came home about midnight. In the morning the alarm went off at about 6am. I snoozed it. Thought I could used extra minutes of sleep. Unfortunately it didn't work that way. The last time I heard the alarm went off again at 6:55. Brilliant. I'm supposed to start work at 7. So I guess, I got to start at 8am then.

The plan was to start work early so that I can leave early but sin
ce I'm going to start at 8 I would finish by 4:30pm! Herm...pretty late and rush to start baking after that. So I told my colleague I would leave at 2:30. So that's 6 hours of overtime. Not bad actually.
Few minutes before I left the office, I just remember I forgot to ask my housemate to take the butter out to thaw. Once I got home, the butter still hard like brick. I could built a house with that butter!

While waiting I went on Facebook playing Cityville. Then when I start prepping I just realised I forgot to buy icing sugar. Urghhh I had to go out again. Hate it. Thank god a chinese supermarket was just within the block.

Everything seemed fine when I started mixing the ingredients and when I was ready to press it, the dough was too hard. I couldn't even rice it. I tried add more butter. It worked. But then again, after awhile probably the weather was hot and humid it become hard again. I had to nuke (microwave) more butter since the butter was so bloody hard then mix it again.

I started to rice it again. But somehow the presser couldn't reach the bottom. I wonder why. But I tried to press it harder and ended up I f*cked the potato ricer! God, that thing has lifespan of less than an hour! I got it couple months ago and yesterday was the first time I used it. So there's no second batch then.

Anyway these are all what I made yesterday. About 90 plus of them.

Late Aunt Sarah Secret Recipe cookies

They look nice together gather.

Sneak peek. Can't help to see my babies rise to the occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment