Sunday, October 3, 2010

Talk No Shop & Let Your Hair Down Night

I've been asked by several people am I going to participate in this year's Telecom talent time. Without second thought I said no. Back in 2007 I sang a malay song- Melukut ditepi Gantang by my favorite singer Aishah whom back in the late 80's was a vocalist for a Kiwi band knowned as The Fan Club. Apparently me and Aishah has some Kiwi-Malay connection.

Back to my singing, I thought it was disaster and self indulgence. Haha..Even though some people come up to me and complimented me. I'm pretty sure they were so drunk and everything they saw or heard sound awesome. LOL.

This time I told them I just want to be spectator to laugh at them. I did actually. So last Friday at Winchester Bar people from various department within Telecom Wholesale, we let our hair down, talk no shop and enjoy the good company.

Robert Tai emceed the night.

Act #1: Karlo Magno Guadalupe. Man I love to pronounce his last name. I forgot what did he sang but one thing I know it was some oldies song. Had a good laugh seeing him. His expression of love emotion really made the ladies off their chair! And performed twice, special request by Robert Tai after the event was over.

Act #2. Our maori brother Jamed Dawson sang something. Man, why can't I remember what they were singing. What did I drink that night?

Act #3: A musical performance from Voice, Broadband & Billing. It was so hilarious and cleverly done. I almost lost my voice laughing and screaming at them. Teuila & Jay definitely can act. Watch out Shortland St actors!

Act #4: Sorry forgot his name. He played heavy metal kind of guitar. Didn't know the best way to describe it. The crowd loved it. They cheered so much and he came out first.

Act #5: Honestly I never see these guys before. Didn't know which floor they work. The band were good.
Act #6: Just Like A Star by Sisela Latu. She really had mean voice. Not mean as in Cinderella step-sister kind of mean but Corrine Bailey Rae kind of mean. She had a very soothing voice. I could picture her singing for summer tunes. Previously in 2007's talent time she won the first place.

Act #7: The MC introduced this act as The Flower Girls & The Impostor, what a crack up but it suited them well, I think. The three in the group are pacific island descendant and Vicki Chand is an Fiji Indian. Technically, she's still a pacific islander. They performed Hawaiian dance adapted from famous Disney film Lilo & Stitch.


Click here to watch the video.

All acts before judges deliberating the winners.

Me and the Flower Girls & The Impostor. They came out second runner up.

No comments:

Post a Comment