Friday, October 1, 2010

The Adventure of Ed to GigiLand

Early on the week I called a dental clinic to get an appointment but to my surprise the earliest date I could get was on 13th of October! Then I told them to put me on the waiting list as well. In case they got cancellation.

And indeed! Before I finished my shift on Tuesday, I got a call from them asking if I want to turn up for Wednesday 8 O'clock appointment. Instead of switching off my computer, I logged on to Maxx to plan my trip the next day.

Wednesday.

5:40 Alarm went off.

5:50 Finally awaken.

5:51 Boiled jug.

5:52 Turned on laptop and published latest post only to find out the date was wrong. Blogspot picked up the draft date. Have to rectify it immediately if I want to be a successful writer.

6:20 Bloody hell it took longer than I expected. I better go to shower.

6:43 Finally got out from the house.

Halfway down the lift.
Eff, I left my cash on the fridge! Dammit, I had to go down and up again.

6:45 Hermm...the cash look little. No time to count. Grabbed NZD$30. Kiss Only goodbye and out again.

6:47 Nelson Street 1st traffic light

6:47:30 Green man! Crossed the street and decided I better run to reach Britomart before 7am

6:48 Nelson Street 2nd traffic light. I missed the green man by few seconds. Felt forever before the light turned green. RUNNN...

6:49 Nelson Street 3rd traffic light. Red again! Run faster than ever before. Ooouh..I think my legs are long. Arghh...distraction. Run. Run.

6:50 Nelson Street 4th traffic light. Mother Eff, NO, not red! These sequence of lights were so not on my side this morning.

6:51 Gasping and catching my breath. Started to just walk while crossing Victoria Street then decided to just take my chance. More and more 'what if' thought running in my head. What if I didn't go online this morning. What if I didn't take shower.

7:03 Bus just drove pass me! Arghhhh...why? why? That's the only bus. Just when I given up the bus departed late by 3 minutes! God (Allah), do you have to parade it right in front of my nose to say 'ha-ha you missed it' ?

7:10 Got a cab.

7:15 Taxi driver tried to chat with me. I just responded, 'oh yes?', 'is itttt?', 'I know rite!'. Didn't he knows I was trying to say eff off.

7:32 Taxi driver lost! Please not now. For god sake, used the bloody GPS please. Bloody Indian.

7:35 Phewww...Finally here.

Cost of Dental Hygienist NZD$ 79

Cost of Taxi ride NZD$ 56.90!

Emotional cost to get there?

PRICELESS

6 comments:

  1. wow! taxi is so expensive! must be very far

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wasn't that far actually but taxi fare in NZ is ridiculously expensive even though i hired the cheapest taxi! if by bus it will only cost me $5.50! sad..sad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun morning did you have it :))))
    But this taxi...sososososo expensive...but at least you got there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chris, i tried my best to turn my suckiest day into positive. simple by making fun of it. lol. crazy me. hey chris our trip next week i'm going to put it here

    ReplyDelete
  5. my simple advice : x yah g dentist!! muahahahha :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kena pergi gak sebab nak gigi cantik..hehehe

    ReplyDelete